CleverTap is a customer retention platform that provides the functionality to integrate app analytics and marketing. The platform helps customers increase user engagement in three ways:
- Tracks actions users are taking and analyzes how people use the product.
- Segment users based on their actions and run targeted campaigns to these segments.
- Analyze each campaign to understand their effect on user engagement and business metrics.
The CleverTap platform has five parts:
- CleverTap's dashboard provides the functionality to segment users based on their actions and profile properties, run targeted campaigns to these segments, and analyze each campaign’s performance.
- SDKs track users’ actions within mobile apps and websites. CleverTap's SDKs also provide the ability to personalize apps by giving customers access to user profile data.
- APIs push user profile or event data from any source to CleverTap. Our APIs also export user data from CleverTap for analysis in BI tools and enrich customer information in CRMs.
- Integrations with communication platforms such as SendGrid and Twilio, attributions providers such as Branch and Tune, and remarketing platforms such as Facebook Audience Network.
- Webhooks trigger workflows in backend systems as soon as qualifying events occur.
Users, events, segments, campaigns, and reports are central to CleverTap, so it is important to understand each role.
- Users: After integrating the CleverTap SDK, a user profile is created for each person who launches the app or visits your website. The CleverTap user profile has a set of default fields, such as device and location. You can also extend the default user profile data model by adding custom fields specific to their business.
- Events: The CleverTap SDK tracks the actions users perform in your app or website, such as a user viewing a product, listening to a song, or making a purchase. Events are associated with a user profile.
- Segments: CleverTap provides the ability for users to create segments which are a group of users whose actions or user profile properties match a set of criteria you have defined. Once a user has created a segment, they can target them with a campaign or create a report to analyze them.
- Campaigns: CleverTap campaigns communicate with your users at scale. CleverTap offers 13 different messaging channels to reach your users on the optimal channel.
- Reports: CleverTap provides the ability to build reports to understand the effect of campaigns on your users. You can use these reports to analyze your user engagement and guide product decisions.
The following is an example of how a CleverTap customer in the retail industry is using our platform to increase sales:
When a person launches the company’s app for the first time, we automatically create a CleverTap user profile for the person with our SDK. As the person navigates through product pages in the app, we log these actions as events associated with the user’s profile.
The user’s interaction with the company extends beyond the app. To complete a purchase, the user contacts the company’s call center, and the company adds this purchase event to the user’s profile with our server-side API.
Now, the marketer at the company wants to reward its most loyal users and incentivize them to buy more. Through CleverTap’s dashboard, the marketer can create a campaign to show an in-app message to users who recently made a purchase above a certain price. The next time the user launches the app, they will see a personalized message thanking them for buying that specific product and a discount code for their next purchase.
To close this loop, the marketer can create a report in the CleverTap dashboard to measure the campaign's impact in terms of both user engagement and product sales.
The best place to get started with CleverTap is our quick start guides which cover how to install our SDK and view a user event in the CleverTap dashboard in less than 10 minutes.
Updated about 1 year ago